Tuesday 15 April 2014

A secret angel



An angel was on our front porch today.

I have no idea who it was.

I have no idea when they came by.

I have no idea how we ended up being the lucky recipients of such a wonderfully thoughtful gift.

But, this is what showed up in our mailbox today...


An anonymous angel dropped this off. An angel who knew that Mya loves to see her name on the mail in our mailbox and an angel who knew that with everything going on right now, this would absolutely make our day.


Not only did this person write a beautiful little poem, but they also gave us a $100 gift card--and purposely didn't sign their name.



So of course I wept. I stood there, as Terry read the poem to me, tears streaming down my face...because it was just one of the kindest gestures ever. And then of course I called everyone in my family and told them about this amazing random act of kindness, because I just couldn't believe it.


That little line at the end "Just have a little faith, things will work out in the end" is what got me the most. I'll re-read that little line daily--because it's what I need to hear, since it's what I forget the most. So thank you.


Who is this anonymous angel?? I'd love to know so that I can give you a great big hug and let you know that you absolutely made our day. We're so grateful. We're so incredibly grateful.

Thank you a million times over to our secret mailbox angel.
You've reminded us of all of the good in the world--which is something that we all need to be reminded of sometimes.

Thank you again, whoever this generous and kind person is.
You are truly an angel. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Erica xo  

2 comments:

  1. Angels are everywhere and their gifts are all the more special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angels are everywhere and their gifts are all the more special.

    ReplyDelete

My parents have loved each other for 50 yrs...so we celebrated BIG time

It wasn't my idea. Not mine at all. But hey--if you put an idea in my head, I'll roll with it. So when my dad said he wanted t...